Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Starters & Snacks
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 8 oz. package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover pie shell with foil and bake for 8 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- While shell is baking, melt butter in large sauté pan, add onions and mushrooms and cook until slightly softened.
- Squeeze thawed spinach between paper towels to remove excess moisture, then stir spinach into onion mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Add salt and pepper along with half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the bottom of the par cooked pie shell, then top with onion mixture and then pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If crust begins to brown too much, cover edges with foil.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting or once cooled to room temperature.
- Chill until ready to reheat and serve.