Spinach and Cheese Casserole
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, plus additional 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13×9” baking dish.
- Drain spinach well, squeezing if necessary to remove excess liquid.
- In a large pan sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is barely soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Combine spinach, mayonnaise, eggs, cottage cheese and flour in a large bowl. Add 3 cups grated cheese, salt and pepper, stir well.
- Stir sautéed onion and garlic into the spinach mixture.
- Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle the top with the reserved 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.