Spicy Fritters with Creamy Dill Sauce
Starters & Snacks
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. zucchini, shredded
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground yellow mustard
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Creamy Dill Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate until use.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink.
- Add salt, toss to combine
- let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place zucchini in a clean dish towel and wring or squeeze to remove excess water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine Duke’s mayonnaise, cayenne and mustard.
- Add grated carrot, panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Stir to blend. Add zucchini, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into the pan, and flatten with a spatula. Avoid overcrowding in the pan by leaving 2” between fritters.
- Cook until underside is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side, about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until batter is gone.
- Serve warm with Creamy Dill Sauce.