Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (28 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce and cook until heated through, then remove skillet from the heat.
- Stir in the cilantro, taste, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
- Set aside 2 cups of sauce for assembling the enchiladas.
- Stir the shredded chicken, corn, mayonnaise and half of the cheese into the sauce that has not been set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and spread a little of the reserved sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place 1/3 cup of the chicken filling in the middle of a tortilla and roll into a cylinder, like a cigar.
- Repeat with each tortilla, placing them in the baking dish, seam side down.
- Spread the reserved sauce over the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- garnish with additional chopped cilantro and tomato prior to serving.