Salmon and Vegetable Rice
- 4 salmon steaks, 1/2" thick
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sauer's Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sauer's Dill Weed
- 1/4 tsp. Sauer's Onion Powder
- Duke's Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently boil carrot, celery and onion in chicken broth, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and butter and cook per package direction.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, dill weed and onion powder.
- Spread both sides of salmon with Duke’s Mayonnaise, then dip in flour mixture.
- Lightly brown salmon on both sides in ungreased skillet over medium heat.
- Pour undrained rice mixture into shallow baking dish.
- Place salmon on top of rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 9. Let stand for 2 minutes.