Pumpkin Sage Baked Penne
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. Duke's Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter and sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the garlic powder, sage, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, milk, mayonnaise, and broth.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and let reduce for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a greased baking dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake the pasta for 35 minutes or until it is bubbling and the cheese is melted.