Pimento Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 lb. large elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 21/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 4 oz. jar pimentos, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package
- drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan, add onions and cook until softened.
- Whisk in flour and continue cooking, whisking constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, while continuing to whisk constantly until thickened.
- Stir in mayonnaise and all but 1 cup of cheese, stirring until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and pimentos.
- Pour into a 9×13″ casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbly.