Peaches 'n Cream Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 11/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 3 peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a round 8″ cake pan. Make topping: In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add to prepared cake pan and spread to the edges. Layer sliced peaches on top in a circular pattern.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add Duke’s Mayonnaise and beat on low until just combined. Beat in flour mixture in batches until just incorporated.
- Transfer to cake pan and bake until golden and toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Flip cake onto serving dish and wait 30 seconds more before removing cake pan.
- Make whipped cream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar and remaining cinnamon until stiff peaks form.
- Once cake is completely cooled, use a large serrated knife to halve lengthwise. Spread whipped cream on bottom cake layer and top with remaining cake layer. Serve