Mini Corn Dogs
16 to 20
- 1 8.5 oz. box corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 8 oz. evaporated milk, plus more if needed
- 16-20 hot dogs
- Oil for frying
- In a deep, heavy saucepan add enough oil to submerge mini corn dogs (about 4 inches of oil). Place saucepan over medium-high heat and prepare corn dogs.
- Combine corn muffin mix, flour and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in evaporated milk until batter is thick and well blended.
- Cut hot dogs into thirds and place in batter.
- When oil is hot, carefully add coated hot dogs, a few at a time. Do not add too many to the oil at once or they will not cook properly.
- Cook until corn dogs are golden brown.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or a cooling rack.