Mile-High Bacon Cheeseburgers with Burger Sauce
Mix mayo into the meat before you make your patties and don’t forget to top with burger sauce to receive the Twang-level Mile High Membership.
- 2 pounds ground round
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 hamburger buns
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Sandwich-sliced pickles
- Tomato slices
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hickory BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Gently combine the ground round, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape the mixture into 6 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.
- Make the Burger Sauce.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until almost done. Place the cheese slices on the patties and let stand until melted.
- While the burgers cook, grill the red onion slices alongside for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until tender.
- To serve, spread the Burger Sauce on the bun bottoms. Top with the patties, bacon, pickles, tomato, red onion, and lettuce. Replace the bun tops and serve immediately.
- *Tasty Tip: Make an indention in the center of each patty before grilling. This helps the burgers keep a uniform shape while cooking