Japanese Deviled Eggs
Starters & Snacks
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see note)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons wasabi, prepared
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon seasoned, rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 24 slivers pickled ginger
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Garnish a large platter by sprinkling half of the sesame seeds on the bottom of the platter. Arrange egg whites on top of sesame seeds.
- To yolks, add green onions, wasabi, soy sauce, vinegar and mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture. Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over egg yolk and carefully place pickled ginger strip on top.
- Chill and serve.
- Note: To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.