Grilled Summer Squash and Corn Salad
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick planks
- 3 medium yellow squash (about 1 lb.), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick planks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 3 ears fresh yellow corn, husk removed
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Brush both sides of the zucchini and squash planks with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Place them on oiled grill grates and cook, uncovered, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Place corn on the grill and cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet and let the vegetables cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Chop the zucchini and squash and place in a large bowl. Cut kernels from corn cobs and add to the bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise mixture, tomatoes, sliced basil, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until vegetables are coated. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.