If you’re going to the trouble of setting up the grill, take advantage of the great grilling weather and fresh summer produce and incorporate a grilled dessert into your cookout menu. Grilled peaches are the perfect candidate: naturally juicy and sweet, the tender peaches readily absorb glazes and caramelize beautifully in the heat. Their sturdy skin ensures that the delicate fruits won’t fall apart during the grilling process. As an added bonus, the well left by the pit provides the perfect hollow for toppings like crumbled feta or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6-8 ripe yet slightly firm peaches, halved and pit removed
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Mix mayonnaise, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Lightly baste the cut side of each peach half with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Prepare grill
- clean grates thoroughly before placing the fruit on the grill.
- Grill peaches cut side down until fruit has grill marks and begins to get soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill, top with feta cheese and sliced basil.