- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 11/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 11/2 tsp. granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp. fine ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 whole chicken, cut-up or 8 pieces of skin-on, bone-in chicken
- Oil for frying
- Combine flour, spices and salt together in a shallow dish
- set aside.
- In another dish combine mayonnaise and buttermilk.
- Heat 1″ of oil in a large, heavy frying pan
- Dip each piece of chicken into flour mixture, shake off excess, dip into mayonnaise mixture, then dip back into flour.
- Carefully place coated chicken into hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pan. The chicken may need to be cooked in batches.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-10 minutes on each side while maintaining oil temperature at about 315-330°F.
- Add remaining chicken and cook as above. (Cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F.)