Egg Salad Sandwich
You can't argue with the classics. Make this egg salad sandwich with Duke's for an easy weekday lunch, baby shower snack, or pack in a picnic.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread (I like white bread or a country loaf)
- Bibb lettuce leaves (optional)
- Peel and crumble the hard-boiled eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add Duke’s mayonnaise, cottage cheese, Dijon mustard, red onion, celery, and chopped dill (if using) to the bowl. Mix everything together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out the bread slices and evenly spread the egg salad mixture onto 4 slices. If desired, you can layer lettuce leaves on the bread before adding the egg salad.
- Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the egg salad to complete the sandwiches.
- Trim the crusts from the sandwiches and cut them diagonally into halves for a more appealing presentation, if desired.
- Serve the egg salad sandwiches immediately, or you can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.