Duke's Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 11/4 cups Duke's Mayonnaise
- 11/4 tsp. vanilla extract
11/4 cups cold water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5-6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 or more Tbsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 cupcake pans.
- Sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl, mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise, vanilla, and water in an electric mixer at low speed.
- Once smooth, slowly add in dry mixture until just incorporated (do not over beat).
- Pour batter into cupcake pans, filling each up about ⅔ full to make 24 cupcakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool on wire racks.
- Beat butter and cocoa in electric mixer with whisk attachment until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add confectioners’ sugar alternately with milk until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. Note: you may not need all 6 cups of sugar, and you may need more than 6 tablespoons of milk.