Duke's Chicken Salad
Starters & Snacks
When it comes to chicken salad, flavor and texture preferences abound. Some prefer a savory chicken salad that’s heavy on the onions, vegetables, and herbs. Others prefer a sweeter take on the salad that incorporates brown sugar and juicy apples and grapes. Some dress their salads lightly, while others choose a decadently creamy dressing. With so many wildly different versions of the dish, there are innumerable chicken salad recipes, and each recipe’s proprietor claims their version is the best. While it’s impossible to name one chicken salad recipe as the best of its kind, it’s obvious that one ingredient is essential to all the top contenders: Duke’s Mayonnaise. Duke’s gives chicken salads a rich and tangy creaminess that makes every ingredient pop, so while there may be a million ways to make chicken salad, there’s only one mayonnaise that will make each version of the recipe taste amazing.
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 1/2 cup grape halves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, pepper and salt, if desired.
- Add chicken, vegetables, fruit and nuts to bowl and stir to combine with dressing.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, use as a sandwich filling or use to top crackers.