Duke's 100th Anniversary Cake
- 21/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 6-8 Tbsp. milk or cream
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two round cake pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- set aside.
- Beat sugar, mayonnaise, eggs and vanilla together in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- While beating on low, add half the flour mixture, then half the milk, repeating until completely combined.
- Gently stir in sprinkles by hand.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and continue to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat together butter, shortening, vanilla and sugar.
- Add milk slowly, continuing to beat until desired texture is reached.