Craig Perkinson's Brioche
Starters & Snacks
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup water (110°F)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups Duke's Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. yeast Dough
- Make sponge by mixing bread flour, water, and yeast by hand in a large bowl until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and proof for 30 minutes.
- Once the sponge is ready, mix sponge and all ingredients except Duke’s in mixing bowl and mix with bread hook for about 5 minutes.
- Add Duke’s a little bit at a time and mix until smooth and all mayonnaise is absorbed.
- Slow proof the dough in the refrigerator overnight, or bulk proof for 2 hours at room temperature, chill until firm, adn then use.
- Separate the dough into greased loaf pans. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350°F for mini loaf pans and 40-45 minutes at 350°F for full-size loaf pans.