Starters & Snacks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk self-rising cornbread mix
- 11/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a 9″ cast-iron skillet.
- When oven reaches 425°F, put skillet in for a few minutes while making the batter.
- Beat 2 eggs, then add sugar and beat well with whisk. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth (if you have time, let the batter “stand” for several minutes to develop tangy flavor).
- When skillet is hot, remove from oven and pour batter into it.
- Place skillet in oven
- bake for 23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.