Say goodbye to basic chicken breast and hello to a new summer crowd pleaser: Duke’s Chicken Wrapped Asparagus. This juicy, flavorful grilled chicken recipe makes for a visually stunning cookout appetizer or a weeknight dinner with a gourmet flair. Gluten-free and low carb, chicken wrapped asparagus is something you can serve to family and guests and feel good about it. The bright, earthy flavor of fresh, green asparagus paired with tender, succulent chicken coated in a garlic and herb cheese-mayo blend come together to form an irresistible combination.
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 package (5.2 oz.) garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 3 lbs. chicken tenders (about 24 total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. thin asparagus spears, tough fibrous ends removed
- Mix mayonnaise and herbed cheese together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until use.
- Season 3 chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Smear each tender with 1 tsp. of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Place 3-4 asparagus spears across the tenders
- wrap the chicken around the asparagus, secure with toothpicks.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 with remaining ingredients.
- Grill over medium-high indirect heat until chicken is done.