Chicken Quinoa Casserole
- 11/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. Duke's Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fine ground black pepper
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 16 oz. bag mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups shredded or diced, cooked chicken
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse well.
- Place in a medium saucepan along with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and water is fully absorbed
- set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9×13" baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine mayonnaise and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until onion starts to soften.
- Whisk in flour, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, then whisk in milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, whisk in cheese, then combine with cooked quinoa, vegetables and chicken.
- 9. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.