Caramelized Onion Pizzetta
- 1 refrigerated, uncooked pie crust
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Combine onions and olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are very soft. Add a few teaspoons of water when needed to prevent onions from burning or sticking.
- Once onions are very soft, add sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Increase heat to medium and continue cooking, while constantly stirring until onions are deep brown.
- While onions are cooking, combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper
- set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Prick generously with a fork and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove crust from oven.
- 9. Spread Parmesan mixture over crust, then top with onions and arrange tomato slices on top.
- 10. Bake for 10-15 more minutes.