Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut top 1/3 off of tomatoes, discard. Remove seeds and pulp from each tomato to create a tomato “cup”.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and spinach, sauté until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds, remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir, then add spinach mixture and continue to stir until well blended.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow baking dish. Fill each tomato with the spinach-quinoa mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.