Baked Gouda Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz. cavatappi pasta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 11/4 cups milk
- 4 oz. grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. grated Gouda cheese
- 1 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1/3 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the flour and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add the cheeses, Duke’s and ground nutmeg.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and olive oil.
- Add the pasta to greased ramekins. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the pasta, dividing evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbly.