Baked Asparagus Fries with Lemon Pepper Aioli
Starters & Snacks
Spring peas, asparagus, and green beans – oh my! We’re SO EXCITED for spring produce and these baked asparagus fries with lemon pepper aioli will be on our table all season long.
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced green onions
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
- 11/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. asparagus, medium thickness, fibrous ends removed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, beaten
Lemon Pepper Aioli
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until use.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine panko and parmesan cheese in a large bowl or on a plate
- season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Dredge an asparagus spear in the flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in panko mixture, pressing to coat. Place on baking sheet
- Repeat with remaining asparagus spears, forming a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping asparagus after 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with aioli.