Bacon Pimento-Cheese Burgers
Add crispy bacon and homemade pimento cheese to your burgers and bring the twang to cookouts all summer long!
- 3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
- 4 Tbsp. Duke’s Mayonnaise, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. diced pimientos (from a 4-oz. jar)
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 11/4 lbs. ground beef chuck
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Yellow mustard, for serving
- Dill pickle relish, for serving
- Stir together the cheese, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, pimientos, bacon, and hot sauce in a medium bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently mix together beef, salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Divide mixture into 4 portions
- shape each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Place patties on lightly greased grill grates and cook until lightly charred and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove burgers to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble burgers, spread about 1 tablespoon each of mayonnaise, mustard, and relish on the bottom half of each bun
- top with lettuce, burger, 2 tablespoons bacon-pimiento cheese, and top half of bun, in that order. Serve immediately.