- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 11/2 cups Duke's Mayonnaise
- 11/2 tsp. vanilla extract
11/2 cups cold water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 can of blueberry or strawberry pie filling
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
Filling and Decoration
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk and cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the vanilla and whisk again.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- Dip each slice of bread into the prepared custard mixture. Allow to soak for just a few seconds on each side and then transfer to the skillet. Allow to cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes), then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- After you have cooked the French toast, top each with a smear of peanut butter, a few banana slices and one slice of bacon crumbled over the top.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.