Lolly's Alabama White BBQ Sauce - Alabama White Sauce
Sauces & Dips
For Duke’s 100th Anniversary Recipe Contest, we asked fans like you to look through their recipe books and send us their favorite Duke’s recipes. From potato salad to pimento cheese, we received dozens of mouthwatering submissions. One recipe emerged as the perfect complement to Duke’s century-old roots in southern cuisine: Lolly’s Alabama White BBQ Sauce. That’s right – white barbecue sauce, not the classic deep red or glossy caramel you typically encounter in the south. White barbecue sauce is fundamentally different from traditional tomato- or mustard-based sauces. Its base ingredients – mayonnaise and vinegar – result in a snappy, tangy taste entirely distinct from the sticky-sweet barbecue sauces that first come to mind.
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Additional black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour over grilled or smoked chicken or use as a dip or dressing.