Duke's Classic Roasted Turkey
- 1 turkey (18 lbs. or under)
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place turkey on rack in large roasting pan.
- Place cut vegetables, lemon, and garlic inside the turkey cavity.
- Season the turkey skin generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and poultry seasoning.
- Rub the mixture on the turkey and place the turkey in the oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350°F.
- Roast turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F, about 21/2 hours.
- 9. Transfer the turkey to a platter and tent with foil. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before carving.