Duke's Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Baked Panko Crust
Starters & Snacks
- 8 oz. box elbow macaroni, cooked
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 11/4 cup milk
- 16 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 11/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and cook, stirring until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add all but 1 cup grated cheese. Fold in mayonnaise.
- Add macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to 2 quart shallow casserole dish and sprinkle with reserved 1 cup of cheese.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and combine with panko, then sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- 9. Place in oven for about 30 minutes until hot, bubbly, and light brown.