Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
From the Easter table to the Labor Day cookout, whip up these Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs for an egg-cellent side that's packed with Twang!
6 large eggs
¼ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Duke’s Spicy Ground Mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 2½ tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Sprigs of fresh dill and thinly sliced dill pickle for garnish
Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches of water. Bring to a full boil over high heat. Gently lower eggs into water with a large spoon or spider skimmer. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for exactly 13 mins. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with water and ice.
- After 13 minutes, remove the eggs from the simmering water and place them in the ice bath for 15 minutes. Crack eggs and peel them under cold running water.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a medium bowl and set whites aside. See the instructions below if you’d like to dye your egg whites.
- Smash egg yolk with a fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, dill, pickles, garlic, and cayenne to the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into a disposable plastic sandwich bag, cut the tip, and pipe the mixture onto the whites.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and a slice of pickle.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
For dyed egg whites
If you’d like to make a more festive egg, you can dye the whites. After removing the yolks, do the following:
You’ll need the following ingredients: Red, blue, and green liquid food coloring. 3 teaspoons white vinegar, divided
Fill three glasses with 1 cup of water each. Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 4 drops of red food coloring to a glass. Repeat with blue and green food coloring in other glasses. Stir to combine and add 4 eggs white halves to each glass. Soak for 10 minutes, gently stirring occasionally to ensure even dying. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Then fill with your deviled egg filling for a colorful Easter surprise!