Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Starters & Snacks
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. broccoli florets
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover pie shell with foil and bake for 8 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- While shell is baking, melt butter in large sauté pan, add onions and cook until slightly softened.
- Steam broccoli until just tender
- set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Add salt and pepper along with half the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on bottom of the par-cooked pie shell, then top with onions and broccoli. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If crust begins to brown too much, cover edges with foil.
- 9. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting or once cooled to room temperature, chill until ready to reheat and serve.