Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
Cake for breakfast is more than acceptable and this Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake is no exception. It’s super rich & moist thanks to the Duke’s and fresh summer berries put the tang in twang!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries – do not thaw
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease an 8×8” square baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, mayonnaise, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, stir to combine. Add blueberries, stir until just blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.