Bacon and Mushroom Potato Salad
Starters & Snacks
- 3 lbs. red potatoes
- 1/4 lb. bacon
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. minced shallots
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 11/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1/2 tsp. minced pickled cherry peppers
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Scrub potatoes clean and cut into large chunks. Add the potatoes to a large pot and pour over enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, or about 10 minutes. When potatoes are done, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the bacon to a medium skillet and cook over medium-low heat until crispy or about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Chop and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of leftover bacon fat from the skillet and carefully discard any remaining.
- Using the same skillet, add the bacon fat and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until crispy. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Add the potatoes, bacon, crispy mushrooms, peas, cherry peppers and scallions. Mix until well incorporated and finish with a light dusting of paprika.