Apple Pie Bread Pudding
- 5 cups cubed white bread, dried
- 5 eggs
- 11/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- To dry the bread cubes: place cubes on a rimmed baking sheet, bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- Mix eggs, milk, mayonnaise, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In another bowl blend the brown sugar and cornstarch together. Add apples and raisins, stirring until sugar is wet and covers fruit.
- Add bread cubes to egg mixture, stir to combine. Add apple mixture, stir.
- Pour into a greased 9×13” pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.